The press, both nationally and internationally, reacts very positively to the album The Lonely Coyote. Since the release of the album, not a day has gone by without a review appearing, the album was on the radio or a request for an interview came in!
- ‘The Lonely Coyote has become a bleeding-heart album, …the result of his quest has nothing to do with modesty: this CD is magnificent!’ Rinus van Der Heijden JazzNU
- ‘…They also learn what feeling sounds like for a change, for example in Innocent Children.’ Coen de Jonge Jazzism
- ‘A very accessible and above all fascinating album … a combination of fine melody lines, sound challenges and clearly audible experience’ Eric De Boer Hifi.nl
- “Guitarist van Vugt offers up a beautiful bonanza of acoustic guitar textures and deft playing in the spirit of works by Bill Connors, Ralph Towner, Pat Metheny and Egberto Gismonti.Michael Ross GuitarModerne
- A sampling of the ingenuity of a true guitarist…You could also say this is van Vugt’s dessert, …from pure demonstrations to highly empathetic work’. Jazz Bulletin
- ‘The Lonely Coyote – Guitar Tales has become a remarkably beautiful album. For this man definitely knows what he is doing and knows how to captivate the listener from the first to the last note with his eight(!) guitars.’ NieuweNoten Ban Taffijn
- ‘Jede “Geschichte” ist anders – alle sind wunderschön. Eine großartige im wahrsten Sinne des Wortes akustische Reise in Gefilde des Jazz, der brasilianischen Gitarrenmusik, der freien Improvisation…. und ja, auch des Rock. Sehr zu empfehlen! Norbert Mendel Er-em-online
- ‘The strengths of this album are superb playing which never tries too hard to be virtuosic and a feeling of improvisation, with excellent compositions throughout.’ – Stephen Godsall JazzHalo.be
- ‘A wealth of atmospheres passes by in sophisticated pieces with the average duration of a pop song. A versatile, virtuosic and accessible album’ Christel Meijer, Jazzenzo.nl
- ‘Lonely Coyote turns out to be a stealthily measured outing for baritone steel-string guitar reminiscent of Ralph Towner…. intimate and frequently crystalline music.’ – Jim Gilchrist, The Scotsman
- On Saturday, January 14 at 20:00 Marc was a guest on Musicians Corner on the Concertzender.
- In the week of November 21, the Lonely Coyote was album of the week, the ‘Hollandse Nieuwe’ on NPO Radio 4 in Passagio by Night. Every day Lex Bohlmeijer played pieces of the album and fragments of an interview. You can listen to it here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
- On December 18 Marc was a guest in the program Vpro Vrije Geluiden on NPO radio 4 by Aad van Nieuwkerk. You can listen to the interview here.
- On December 17 the track Bengggg, ‘Song of the Day’ was on Allaboutjazz.com
- The February edition of the major German guitar magazine Akustik Gitarre features a two-page interview and includes the piece Sunny Side Up on the magazine’s bonus CD
- The interview with Marc for Canadian Leah Roseman’s podcast ‘Conversations with Musicians’ can still be listened to via: ‘Conversations with Musicians’
The Lonely Coyote on the radio and in online programs
- On Saturday 14 January at 8pm Marc will be a guest in Musicians Corner on the Concertzender. www.concertzender.nl
- In the week of November 21st was the Lonely Coyote album of the week, the ‘Hollandse Nieuwe’ on NPO Radio 4 in Passagio by Night. Every day Lex Bohlmeijer played pieces from the album and fragments of an interview. You can listen to it here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
- On 18 December Marc was a guest in the Program Vpro Vrije Geluiden on NPO radio 4 of Aad van Nieuwkerk. The interview can be listened to here.
- On December 17th the track Bengggg, ‘Song of the Day’ was released on Allaboutjazz.com
- The 80 minute interview with Marc for the podcast ‘Conversations with Musicians’ by the Canadian Leah Roseman can still be listened to via: ‘Conversations with Musicians’
The Lonely Coyote in Akustik Gitarre
In the February edition of the large German guitar magazine Akustik Gitarre there is a two-page interview and the piece Sunny Side Up is on the bonus CD of the magazine.
There’s more to come, we’ll keep you posted!